Britam Underwriting and Claims Managers Jobs position in South Sudan and Rwanda 2013
Our client, Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
The group has interests across the wider Eastern Africa region.
The company offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property.
The product range includes: life, health and general insurance, pensions, unit trusts, investment planning, wealth management, off-shore investments, retirement planning, discretionary portfolio management, property development and private equity.
Our client is seeking to recruit results driven and motivated individuals for the following vacancies that are now vacant.
Underwriting and Claims Manager, South Sudan office
Underwriting and Claims Manager, Rwanda office
The positions report to the General Manager (Principal Officer) of the region.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the facilitation of proper underwriting and claims management as well as ensuring proper records are maintained and reports generated.
- Underwriting General Insurance and Medical Insurance risks
- Processing of policy documents for the above classes
- Processing of claims for the above classes
- Ensuring maximum business retention
- Assisting in securing of new business
- Oversee the preparation of reinsurance treaties
- Handle clients’ complaints
- Ensure quick turnaround times in claims processing and underwriting
- Review all claims to ensure that no fraudulent claims are paid
- Liaise with the legal department and company lawyers on claims that have a legal bearing
- Prepare management status reports on claims and underwriting activities
- Provide leadership to the team
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce degree or equivalent
- Professional certification in insurance e.g. CII or FLMI
- At least 8 years’ experience in related field. Experience in South Sudan or Rwanda market will be an added advantage.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Strong team player with excellent leadership skills
- Computer Literacy in Ms Office Suite of packages.
An extremely attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Kindly send your 2 page CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification, motivation for the job and preferred working location to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and address it to Mr. Paul O. Oduk as soon as you read this advert.
Britam is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more details check www.racg.co.ke