Brand Manager Career Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya March 2017
Brand Manager job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya March 2017
Brand Manager Employment Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya March 2017
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Reports To: Marketing Director, CEWA
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Our client is a FMCG company looking for a Brand Manager.
To assure the long term growth of the organization through the continuous development of its brands in line with the Company’s brand strategies
To define and achieve specific net sales and market share objectives through the development of the annual marketing plan across specific brand responsibilities
Annual Marketing Plan
- Detail the annual Marketing Plan as per PMP and ABP requirements (including NS forecast, market share predictions, competitor analysis, brand investment and strategic priorities)
- Communicate with and influence Demands, Supply, Finance, Sales and Shopper & Customer marketing to ensure they deliver appropriate customer marketing plan
- Propose brand activity and measurable objectives in line with global/ regional strategies
- Following detailed category and competitor reviews , develop communication and promotional strategies including both ATL and BTL plans; as well as New product development (launches) needed In order to meet the objectives
- Monitor brand performance and implement appropriate plan changes through the year
- Assortment control: Regular ABC analysis and range architecture analysis, NPD & discontinuations to ensure we have the most relevant and efficient range at all times.
Consumer Understanding & Insights
- Critically observe consumers and shoppers. Develop an understanding of them through regular direct contact and research, understanding their environment, habits, attitudes
- Commission consumer research based on business knowledge gaps and requirements
- Develop relevant consumer insights that can be exploited for business gain
- New Product Development (including Regional IIM)
- Create & write powerful local product concepts from consumer insights.
- Market test local concepts and put a business case together with net sales & Market share potential
- Investigate launch of new internationally developed products that have potential for the CEWA markets
- Present findings and recommendations to management including a full financial analysis and impact for the business
- Work with Sales and S&CM in order to present all launch/re-launches and campaigns at monthly S&OP meetings to ensure buy-in
- Follow the Launch/Re-launch SOP in order to achieve fast, efficient launches to market
- Ensure proper launch tracking & reporting for NPD
Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Understand the media landscape and media consumption of target market
- Liaise with Creative Agency to ensure the appropriate adaptation of marketing and communication strategy to the local market, including detailed creative and media briefs, category and brand & strategy reviews
- Develop and execute appropriate local marketing and communications activities in line with the international strategy, making use of international material and local production where required.
- Manage all consumer BTL initiatives (apart from S&CM-managed roles such as trade activations)
- Together with other sub-brands investigate synergising cross-category BTL campaigns to get maximum ROI
- Ensure clear briefing and role-assignment to Sales and S&CM for all activities
- Manage the development of Net Sales, Profit and Market Share in line with the Annual Marketing Plan via monthly performance analysis & reporting
- Analysis of market data (Data Orbis and Nielsen when available), identification of key issues and opportunities & provision of recommendations for appropriate corrective action
- Co-ordinate and liaise with Demand /Supply and Customer Services (if needed) to ensure the timely and continuous supply of product to the market place via effective input in monthly S&OP.
- Work with Supply/demand in order to achieve forecast accuracy targets.
Control of Brand Profitability & Budget
- Set and monitor local pricing strategy, using international price map and considering local environments
- Accurately control the marketing investment/ budget in line with the agreed Marketing Plan and to reconcile and amend as necessary during the financial year to achieve MC2 objectives/forecast
- To liaise with direct manager for budget amendments when necessary
Maximisation of Return on Investment
- Consistently seek, review and evaluate alternative marketing investment opportunities in order to maximise
- ROI against agreed brand objectives. This includes post campaign analysis on ATL investment
- Work with Procurement management to ensure the company is receiving best value for money
Input into Customer Marketing Plan
- Ensure Sales team are fully briefed of following year brand plans and objectives, then regular, accurate updates to S&CM & sales team of brand plans (at S&OP meetings)
- Influence and agree the customer marketing activities with Sales and S&CM to achieve the agreed Customer
- Marketing Plan in line with promotional strategy
- Understand what motivates our customers, the role of Sales and interaction with them
- Support the design and production of VAP’s/bundle packs
- Through a thorough understanding of the local consumer needs and competitive context, exchange perspectives with GBU and Near East Regional Marketing Team so as to facilitate the definition of clear and relevant marketing and communications strategy to gain a local competitive advantage (including where required, need for local execution)
Management and Development of Direct Report/ Trainee (where applicable)
- Provide direct report with clearly defined tasks to achieve set Brand objectives
- Coach and motivate direct report to achieve set Brand objectives
- Identify areas of development, give constructive feedback on growth areas; and put in place tasks to develop direct report to grow to next level
- Complete performance appraisals and agreements, as well as participate in recruitment where required
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing. Chartered Institute of Marketing (or equivalent) is desirable.
Experience And Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in consumer marketing in FMCG or Health & Beauty. Cross country marketing experience is desirable.
- An enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team member.
- Challenging, motivating and inspiring leadership style towards the agencies and colleagues.
How to Apply
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Brand Manager
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only