Assistant Production Manager Career Vacancy in Nakuru March 2017
Assistant Production Manager Job Opportunity in Nakuru March 2017
His/hers main function is to meet set production targets with the highest quality and the highest practicable efficiency as per the Company specifications.
- Organize the efficient processing of dairy products from raw materials through to the finished product ready for dispatch.
- Coordinate and liaise with all service departments to ensure that all relevant information is communicated.
- Monitor and control all efficiency associated with production.
- Control and motivate personnel to operate within defined safety and quality standards.
Assistant Production Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain an intimate knowledge of all operations to be carried out during the shift.
- Design and implement production schedule in order to achieve daily sales allocation from production plan to coincide with product dispatch deadlines. Continuous review throughout shift.
- Ensuring there is controlled and minimized wastage of raw materials throughout production process pertaining to all used commodities.
- Supervise efficient and hygienic acceptance of raw materials.
- Ensure production line operation with high efficiency and labour control.
- Responsible for silo management including standardization, stock, rotation, CIP and identification of milk for specific product usage.
- Observe and liaise to ensure that finished products meet all Company specifications. Provide workable solutions to associated problems.
- Ensure that all aspects of good manufacturing practice are adhered to, so that personal hygiene and safety requirements within Company are complied with.
- Control the efficient use of manpower and overtime. Organize personnel shifts to achieve maximum efficiencies of labour to coordinate rest days, sick leave, training requirements and holiday entitlement.
- Provide guidance to the team of production e.g machine operators and assistants.
- Ability to train personnel and provide direction.
- R&D methods for improving performance and minimizing costs.
- Ensure that all scheduled operations; preventative maintenance is completed according to procedures within determined time frames.
- Collate and supply data to facilitate preparation of daily/monthly production and productivity reports.
- Compile shift production log.
- Provide accurate and timely information to Management.
- Operate as part of the plant team to ensure the meeting of set production targets.
- Maintain required standard of housekeeping in designated area.
- Maintain personal hygiene standards.
- He/she accepts responsibilities and agrees to work extended hours if required, which includes rest days and public holidays.
- Any other duties assigned to him/her production manager
Qualification and Experience for the Assistant Production Manager Job
- Degree in Bsc – Food Science, Dairy Technology or equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and discipline.
- 10 years’ experience working in a UHT milk processing plant
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to ‘email@example.com’ indicating the job title “ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER” on the subject line by 24th March 2017.