Assistant Finance Manager Job at RACG
Our Client a leading inspection, verification, testing and certification companies is hiring an Assistant Finance Manager
The key purpose of the role will be to provide an independent and objective assurance designed to add value and improve the operations of the company. This will be achieved through a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes.
- Responsible for the accurate payment of salaries as well as suppliers and reconciliation of various accounts
- To reconcile and correspond to all clients queries within three days of receipt.
- To prepare clients visit schedule and ensure that at least three days in a month are spent to visit them for the purpose of debt collection. Emphasis should be made on the outstanding of over 90 days and balances above Kes 100,000/-.
- To keep stock control of blank cheques, receipts, certificates and invoices; to ensure that control registers are maintained properly.
- To ensure that all control accounts agree with the General Ledger (Trial Balance) on monthly basis. These include petty cash, bank accounts, provision accounts, etc.
- To ensure that month end backup is done before posting for the following month.
- To perform year end closing procedure for SUN accounting system; this should not be done before taking three backups of the year-end figures and confirming with the Finance Manager.
- To co-ordinate staff in the division so that all required tasks is carried out efficiently and in accordance with the Group’s Financial Manual, International Accounting Standards and Kenya statutory requirements.
- To ensure that the internal controls of the company are strictly followed. Any non-conformance to be immediately reported to the Finance Manager and in his absence to the MD.
- To check and sign all payments (cash / bank) vouchers before submitting them for final approval.
- To assist the Finance Manager to prepare Audit schedules as required by the external auditors.
- To randomly check the cashier’s balances and countersign the petty cash book to affirm the checking.
- To store and keep record of all company vehicle logbooks and follow up those without.
- To prepare monthly provisions / cancellations such as telephone, bad debts, claims, etc. and import the monthly “fixed” entries into Sun accounting system.
- To prepare and maintain records of all provisions made on a monthly basis.
- To assist the Finance Manager by exercising such duties as may be delegated from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Preferably certified Certified Public Accountant (CPA K).
- Minimum 3 years experience in Finance Division.
- Preferably a holder of University Degree in B. Com. or BA Economics.
- Computer literacy.
- Accounts preparation and interpretation.
- Cost Control
How to Apply
Kindly send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification and motivation for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com, clearly indicating the job title as the subject and address it to the Recruitment Manager by 31th January 2018