Aga Khan University Hospital Chief Operating Officer (Outreach Services) Job Opportunity in Nairobi in Kenya October 2017
Aga Khan University Hospital Chief Operating Officer (Outreach Services) Job Opening in Nairobi Kenya
Aga Khan University Hospital Chief Operating Officer (Outreach Services) Career Recruitment in Nairobi Kenya
The Aga Khan University Hospital
Job Vacancy: Chief Operating Officer – Outreach Services
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services.
It is the only hospital in Kenya accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA.
The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 50 years.
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified candidates for the position of Chief Operating Officer – Outreach Services.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), AKUH,N, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of AKUH,N Outreach services.
The COO is responsible for integrating the strategic plan of the organization with the operations in the outreach services, providing oversight for the development of high quality, cost effective and integrated clinical programs; Ensuring efficient services that are designed to meet the needs of patients, physicians, the public and staff.
He/she focuses on systems, quality, fiscal management, compliance and clinical management measures, physician relationships, outreach strategies, work culture enhancement and internal communication and consensus-building.
- Oversee the strategic and operational aspects of the Outreach operations of AKUH and expand outreach activities and referral networks to ensure effective partnerships are formed which will facilitate the development of a comprehensive and geographically dispersed integrated health care system.
- Develop and foster effective collaboration between clinical departments, medical staff leadership, faculty and other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach to providing services efficiently, and fulfilling the hospital’s outreach goals and objectives.
- Participate actively in the development of strategic plans of the clinical and support departments to realize the mission of the Hospital and deliver exemplary care.
- Work through the management team and medical leadership of the hospital, serving as a resource to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, achieve effective utilization and quality goals and objectives, analyze and utilize information to develop and support management decisions especially in regards to the outreach centres.
- Work towards maintaining the outreach centres on a financially self-sufficient basis that will cover operating costs and produce a surplus to be applied to ongoing capital needs of the institution.
Applicants for the position should have a Masters Degree in Healthcare Administration or equivalent education in Business Administration.
S/he should have ten or more years experience in senior administrative leadership positions in healthcare institutions or health system management.
S/he should have evidence based working knowledge of budgeting, business development and strategic planning.
An understanding of how to achieve results in a health institution; information systems capabilities and an appreciation for the data which will be required to make meaningful management decisions, will be important.
The candidate should demonstrate leadership and financial acumen, as well as excellent organizational and communication skills.
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to,
the Manager, Recruitment,
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi.
P.O. Box 30270-00100,
or by email to email@example.com
so as to reach not later than October 13, 2017.
Applications by email are preferred.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Aga Khan University Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.