African Guarantee Fund Junior Auditor Job 2013 opportunity in Nairobi Kenya
Be part of the success journey for African SMEs Financing
The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium Enterprises (AGF) was set up to significantly increase the access of African Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) to finance from the financial sector.
Our key mandate is to assist financial institutions increase their financing to African SMEs through the provision of partial financial guarantees and capacity development assistance.
AGF is seeking to recruit a Junior Auditor based in Nairobi.
The Junior Auditor will be responsible for assisting the Chief Internal Controller to conduct timely risk-based internal audits in accordance with annual audit plans, as well as assisting with other audit matters and assignments, including provision of consulting and advisory services wherever required.
In addition, they will assist the Chief Internal Controller to:
- Establish and update risk-based audit programs;
- Carry out scheduled internal risk assessments for departments and functional areas;
- Determine review scopes;
- Review suitability of internal controls;
- Conduct audit testing of specified areas and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk;
- Determine compliance with AGF policies and procedures;
- Prepare audit reports; and
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Professional Accounting Qualification;
- At least 3 years relevant experience in the financial services industry or in an auditing firm;
- Strong analytical, written/oral, communication;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments under pressure while meeting tight deadlines;
- Hands on experience in developing and managing audit plans and strategies;
- Strong risk-based audit capabilities;
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with General Accounting Principles, International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Financial Planning and Management, Financial Scheduling and Audit Reporting;
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to email@example.com, quoting the position title.
Provide details of your current and expected remuneration.
Apply by 25 October 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.