AECOM Information and Database Officer Career Vacancy in Nairobi in Kenya October 2017
AECOM Information and Database Officer Job Recruitment in Nairobi Kenya
AECOM Information and Database Officer Career Recruitment in Nairobi Kenya
Background: AECOM is implementing the Somalia TIS+ Project to promote good governance and community cohesion. The objectives of this program are to:
Objective: The Information and Database Officer will be responsible for program information and database management for TIS+.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working closely with the Deputy Chief of Party and relevant Field Coordinators/Program Development Officers, identify provide timely program analysis for improved project management.
- Train staff on tools available within the database to support project management and reporting.
- In coordination with the TIS+ Field Coordinators/Program Development Officers, support data management for the TIS+ PIKA (Activities) database, helping ensure activity files are well drafted and in good order; and financial and M&E data is entered into each activity file in an accurate and timely manner;
- Support periodic report production, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual TIS+ reports, as well as other reporting documents, as required.
- Support information gathering, report writing, report editing and document finalization.
- In coordination with the TIS+ Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, support management of M&E data and the M&E database, helping ensure data is properly compiled and input into TIS+ systems in a timely manner;
- Under the leadership of the DCOP, responsible for updating the database and maintaining reports files generated from the database such as grant clearance forms, in collaboration with the field coordinators
- Ensures sharing with staff and uploading TIS+ database back end to one source weekly, with links provided to USAID in a timely manner.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in information management, computer science or equivalent
- 3-5 Years’ experience in OTI, DAI or IOM databases
- 3-5 years’ experience with Microsoft Access programming, manipulation, and data entry.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an information management capacity.
- 4 Years’ Experience working on USAID programs preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Somali language skills are a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and proven capacity to work well against tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or with remote team members.
Level of Effort: One year with possible extension for an additional two years
How to Apply