Job Purpose: Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product. Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accounting, SFAS Rules, Research Skills, Analyzing Information,
- Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality,
- Data Entry Management and effective reporting Skills,
- Thoroughness, Corporate Finance, Financial Software, General Math Skills
- Compensation and Wage Structure, Benefits Administration, Worker Compensation, Employment Law, Developing Standards, Financial Skills, Accounting
- Degree/ Masters in Financial, Accounting or Business related studies.
- Experience in Accounting in a Manufacturing or an Auditing set up..