AAH-I Entrepreneurship Officer NGO Job Vacancy in Kakuma in Kenya July 2017
AAH-I Entrepreneurship Officer NGO Job Employment in Kakuma Kenya
AAH-I Entrepreneurship Officer NGO Job Opportunity in Kakuma Kenya
Job Opening: Entrepreneurship Officer, Kakuma
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organisation that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living.
With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia and recently in Djibouti, AAH-I has over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities.
More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
The AAH-I Kenya SPARK project is a consortium of 5 international NGOS. These include Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) – lead Agency, Film Aid International (FA), Danish Refugee Council (DRC), Handicap International (HI) and Action Africa help International (AAH-I) in Kenya.
AAH-I Kenya is looking Entrepreneurship Officer who will be seconded to the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) based in Kakuma.
Grade: AH 6
Department: Programmes Unit
Reports to: SPARK Field Coordinator Consortium
Liaises with: AAH-I Project Manager and SPARK Consortium Partners
Duty Station: Kakuma
Purpose of the role: The purpose of the Entrepreneurship Officer is to support entrepreneurs, targeted vendors, groups involved in livelihood and organizations within the SPARK Livelihoods consortium to access markets through managing an online marketing platform.
The entrepreneurship Officer will achieve this through running day to day operational functions of mobilizing the above mentioned targeted persons/stakeholders and coordinating all entrepreneurship activities for SPARK.
The Entrepreneurship officer will be under the supervision of the Field Coordinator for the SPARK Livelihoods Consortium with a dotted reporting line to the Project Manager for AAHI.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducting training needs assessment for capacity building of organizations staffs and committees on business skills including online marketing strategies.
- Provide technical support and quality assurance oversight to livelihood producer groups, vendors and implementers involved in livelihood activities.
- Support entrepreneurs in the community and livelihood groups in product development, manufacture and marketing
- Provide online day to day support to customers and vendors through relationship management as they access the online marketing platform
- Logistical planning, stock movement and Inventory management of products supplied by vendors for sale.
- Mobilization and organization of livelihood groups, entrepreneurs, staffs and vendors for the development of unified market penetration strategies.
- Monitoring and reporting on progress of the online marketing platform (Kilimall) including other complementary marketing strategies employed.
- Coordinate activities at the Entrepreneurship Hub (E-Hub), while linking all capacity building initiatives (KUZA, UNTU, UoN) with the trainees
- Livelihood products aggregated by livelihood groups, vendors, entrepreneurs and stakeholder agencies available for sale through the online marketing platform.
- Members of the SPARK livelihoods consortium and persons of concern supported with methodologies in entrepreneurship and market access.
- Stakeholders in livelihoods within the project location involved in marketing processes
- Coordinated entrepreneurship training by KUZA, NTNU and UoN
- Bachelor’s degree in business related studies with specialization in either Entrepreneurship, Marketing or Information Technology.
- At least 3 years’ experience in working with youth programmes including microfinance institutions; NGO’s experience in a similar environment will be an added advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Solid foundations in entrepreneurship and marketing
- Qualification in project planning and management will be an added advantage
Additional Skills & Competences
- A broad contextual understanding of implementing activities in a humanitarian environment.
- Good training and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a number of teams, in a multi-cultural context where teams may be geographically dispersed.
- Knowledgeable in customer relationship management.
- A minimum working experience of 4 years in a similar role.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Considerable problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to effectively execute a range of job duties.
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 31st July, 2017.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.