NOC Engineer Career Vacancy in Nairobi in Kenya Aug 2017
NOC Engineer Latest Career Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya
Job Description : Career Employment NOC Engineer Job in Nairobi Kenya
Location: NairobiJob Summary: The job holder is responsible for providing first level technical and administrative Support to The company’s Live Network, the Underlying local and
The docket aims at expeditiously Identifying, Handling and Resolving all Network related Outages and Anomalies within the set SLA’s.Key Responsibilities
Proactive Network Monitoring
- Monitor the Network through the various Management Systems (Solarwinds, SAM, Breeze Lite, Radwin Manager, ECI & Alcatel NMSes.
- Monitor the supported network technologies i.e., – IP/ MPLS, DSLAMs, STRIX Nodes, Metro SDH, Wireless BTS and DWDM and SDH Backbone and ensure they are operating optimally.
- Monitor Local Metro Nodes, Regional Nodes, Backbone and International Back Haul Links.
- Monitor functioning of equipment (Ethernet switches and Hubs, SDH,WDM, xPON and Microwave Base stations) and make necessary modifications to ensure systems operates in conformance with specifications
- Acknowledgement of the alarms noted on Equipment or Links and performing rapid fault diagnostic checks.
- Identification of faults and initiating corrective measures to restore affected traffic.
- Diagnose/troubleshoot faults and perform mitigation and curative operations
- Troubleshoot network element physical, logical as well as inter-network faults and calculate the level of impact on client services.
- Grading of faults based on Severity Level (Minor, Major or Critical) and escalate accordingly.
- Relate all Fiber and Remote Wireless Point-to-Point Connections lost as a result of a major outage in a given area.
- Restoring metropolitan, inter-regional and cross country Traffic by switching traffic to alternate routes.
- Creation of Trouble Tickets on Alarms, Anomalies and Faults on the Network
- Investigating outages or service degradation reported by Contact Center and Customer Service Teams and issuing them with Trouble Tickets.
- Provide back office support to Field Operations and Maintenance teams as well as contractors concerning faults affecting the network.
- Organizing security for the field team and ensuring they are escorted whenever they are working on faults on insecure areas.
- Liaising with the Stores for spares needed by Field Teams in replacing faulty devices/equipment
- Continually updating the internal team via mail and or SMS System on milestones achieved while working to restore faults, outages and anomalies on the network.
- Closure of Tickets with relevant RCA (Root Cause Analysis) and Reason for Outage on tickets raised to the satisfaction of the THE COMPANY’S internal customer.
- Escalating Occurrence of Major and Critical Faults to Internal Technical and Management Teams through an online Text Notification platform.
- Escalating faults as per Severity Levels to 2nd line Support team
- Identifying relevant contact internally in THE COMPANY’S and initiating communication to resolving stalemates
- Affecting THE COMPANY’S Transmission/access equipment e.g. KPLC Power Disconnections, Unpaid Bills etc.
- Escalating International faults to upstream providers and engaging them until fault resolution while maintaining constant communication with both Internal Customers and the EXCO team.
- Escalate faults both internally within the company and externally with vendors where necessary.
- Development of daily outage report and Fiber Breaks spread sheets.
- Development of Reason for Outage and Root Cause Analysis on Network Outages.
- Provide training to junior employees on both internal working procedures and on technical solutions.
- Provide documentation and on-the-job training for new members of the team.
- University degree in relevant field (Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Telecoms, Computer Science / IT) + 6 Months of experience in ISP/Telecommunication environment.
- Cisco/Alcatel/Alvarion/Siemens certifications are an added advantage
Experience: At least 6 Months – 2 years’ experience in a similar role in ISP/Telecommunication environment.Core Technical competencies required for the role
- Basic understanding of Ethernet, VLAN, SDH, WDM Microwave & IP MPLS.
- Basic technical and analytical skills necessary in solving Layer 1-3 problems.
- Basic knowledge in troubleshooting network related problems such as latency, alarms, jitter, packet loss/drops on Metro, Regional and BH networks built on various equipment vendors